We have a fleet of complimentary Specialized mountain bikes for use around the Lake Pukaki foreshore directly in front of the lodge. This is part of the 300km Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail.
We also have e-bikes available to hire and recommend a 40km loop around Twizel starting and finishing at Lakestone Lodge with the following highlights
- Alps 2 Ocean off road cycle trail around Lake Pukaki
- Lake Pukaki Visitor Centre - a great display by Ngai Tahu on the Maori history of the area
- Alps 2 Ocean off road cycle trail to Twizel over the Pukaki Flats
- Twizel for lunch/snacks
- Lake Ruataniwha
- Ohau A power station
- Flat, sealed hydro canal roads (not very busy and cars are speed restricted)
- No riding on any highways or busy roads
E-bikes are $100 per bike per day to hire (or $60 for a short ride just around the lake foreshore)
- A good quality Melo Yelo e-Bike with a decent motor and battery which should be good 50-140km depending on input
- Detailed maps
- Pannier bag for extras (clothes, camera etc)
- Drink bottle holder
- Hi-vis vest for canal roads
- Bike lock
- Bike repair kit (tube, pump, multi-tool).
- Basic first aid kit
- Throttle to give your legs a little break from peddling (we recommend limited use of this though as it will decrease the battery quicker)
- The lodge will pick you up if you have a mechanical breakdown (you may be required to walk to the closest road).