NZD 1700.00 per person (based on twin share)
Season: 15th June - October 2021
Relax and enjoy the ride up over the snowcapped mountains and blue waters of Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park then explore the winter wonderland below through a day's skiing on the Tasman Glacier. Experience long runs at a relaxed pace with time to soak up the grandeur of New Zealand’s highest mountains. After your adventurous day take the time to relax and enjoy some great local cuisine and wine at Lakestone Lodge.
- Back country skiing with 2 runs on the Tasman Glacier
- 5-10km each run with different lines for each run
- Picnic lunch on the snow
- Two nights accommodation in a Lake View Super King room at Lakestone Lodge
- Cooked and continental breakfast each day of your stay
- Dinner for two both evenings of your stay
- Bottle of New Zealand Mt Difficulty Pinot Noir in your room on arrival
- Two thirty minute deep tissue massages at Lakestone Lodge
About the skiing:
- A kiwi classic, introduction to backcountry and a bucket list item!
- 2 ski runs of the Tasman Glacier via ski plane (Extra runs available at an additional cost $100-200 pending numbers and conditions that are decided on the day), NZ' s longest runs at 5-10 kms per run.
- Ideal for intermediate skiers
- Explore incredible seracs and ice caves
- Small group size (up to 7 per guide)
- Expertise is not required. Skiers of 'average' ability can ski the Tasman Glacier. The runs are easy to moderate (blue graded), all on natural snow.
Note: Skiers need to bring their own ski gear, and a recommendation of a minimum 90mm underfoot for skis. There is an option to hire ski gear from Outside Sports in Lake Tekapo