A 3 day adventure workshop in the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve.
Next workshop dates:
- 27th, 28th and 29th May 2022 Beginner
- 26th, 27th and 28th August 2022 Intermediate/Advanced
Join the team of astro photographers from NZ Travel Adventures, led by Rachel Gillespie, spanning over a 4 days/3 nights. You will be located in the middle of the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve - one of best places in the world for astro photography!
Learn how to maximise your DSLR camera for astro photos, learn about composition as well as post processing of photos.
Join the team on safe adventures as the guides pick the best locations within the Dark Sky Reserve including a trip to Aoraki Mt Cook National Park (weather permitting).
We are hosting two astro adventures per year at Lakestone Lodge
- May - beginner/intermediate with a focus on the rise of the Milky Way
- August - a follow on from the first course more for intermediate/advanced camera users with a focus on shooting panoramas and more post processing
Pricing: NZD 2,490 per person (twin share) or NZD 3,490 single person per room, additional $490 for a partner who is not doing the course workshop to stay at Lakestone Lodge and receive all the meals provided at Lakestone Lodge.
- 3 x Nights in a Lake View Room at Lakestone Lodge
- 2 x Gourmet 3 course dinners at Lakestone Lodge
- 1 x Dinner at Mt Cook / Twizel / Tekapo (depending on weather)
- 3 x Cooked breakfasts
- 2 x Lunches from Lakestone Lodge
- Lakestone Lodge Night Sky Experience - learn a bit about what you are photographing
- Astro photography guide to student ratio max 1 to 6.
- Lakestone Lodge NZ made Merino beanie
- Snacks and hot drinks provided at the lodge and on the adventures
- Transport provided for Astro adventures away from the lodge
Optional extra: day time helicopter or snow plane photography shoot in the mountains allow $600pp
Gear requirements: you will need a good solid tripod, DSLR camera with a wide angle lens and very warm clothing and boots. Please let us know if you have any questions. Some gear is available to hire if required.
For more information see www.nztraveladventure.com/lakestoneastrophotography